Use the word documents provided in this page to submit your application to the ACL Awards 2012.
Know the previous Annual ACL Award Winners.
ANNUAL AMERICAN CLUB AWARD - 2012 ACL Awards information
The American Club Awards of 2012 aim to support individuals working on projects to enhance Luso-American ties. This year the American Club has targeted the following subject areas:
- IT and innovation for telecommunications
- Corporate responsibility and social marketing
- IT and innovation for healthcare, including Nutrition, Childhood Obesity and conflict resolution in healthcare
- Journalism in all media and Web.2
Competition for this award, in the amount of 3,300 US dollars, is open to Portuguese citizens between the ages of 20-35, who must have completed a minimum of two years of undergraduate studies.
The award is to be used for travel and lodging expenses within the United States for a 2-4 week visit, and also includes round trip tickets between Portugal and the United States on flights operated by United Airlines, Inc.
- Applicants must submit a one-page proposal with a specific description of the project, accompanied by a one-page Curriculum Vitae, in English by e-mail with the words "2012 Awards" on the subject line. You may use the forms available online at www.americancluboflisbon.com.
- All applications received exceeding this 2-page limit will be immediately disqualified.
- Applications will be accepted only until midnight on May 4th.
- Applicants must be fluent in both spoken and written English.
- The applicants selected for interview will be contacted by May 18th. All other will be contacted before the end of May.
- Interviews will be conducted in English during the third week in May.
- The Award must be used before December 10th 2012. Airline ticket booking dates, subject to availability.
For further information please contact:
THE ANNUAL AMERICAN CLUB AWARDS ARE OFFERED WITH THE GENEROUS SUPPORT OF THE LUSO-AMERICAN FOUNDATION, FUNDAÇÃO PORTUGAL TELECOM, FUNDAÇÃO EDP, AND WITH FLIGHTS OPERATED BY UNITED AIRLINES INC.